Friday, October 8, 2010

Smite in Spite, the Light just Might, so Why Fight

Walkin' down a familiar stairway
Bigger problems on my mind than some bad hair day
Smaller words do little to remedy
Flash a smile, the sweet reminder as your sweet lips lose
That there's something more going on than I can see
But around the corner comes reality a bit more true
But does he see you like I do

If this is wounded, I'm an infection
If this is bitten, I'm a venom fit for killing
If this is lost, then I'm misdirection
If you're not smitten yet, just wait, you will be

Wonder what happened to the happy girl
Wonder what happened to the subtle curl
At the edges of her secret-keeping mouth
Hidden tears from your fortress bereft and breaking through
More than you can handle to honestly speak out
As the shadow creeps back, terribly, tightly, tenderly holding you
But does he see you like I do

If this is broken, I could be a sling
If this is the fall, things might be getting colder
If this is distance, I cry for the closing
I see the real you somewhere and wish I could hold her

Sitting here in a room called alone
There is no solace for your questions, I know
So let's not pretend this is something it's not
'Cause I have no idea and you're not exactly offering up clues
Small thanks for a token, though I'd give you all I've got
Just to know you're safe and happy and free to honestly just be you
But does he see you like I do
If he does (though I don't think he does)
But if he does, than do I really need to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic