Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Black and Blue

PART 1- Blue

Foresight forms a folly
Thought I could prevent it
But fate is a fire
That burns so presumptuously
And I count the sharp edges
Of this splintered wheel

Forsaking the safety
Of sure ground
To try my best
Which isn't a best
Of anything
But it's something

The right
The good
I tried to do
By you, for you
And failed, of course
I've failed you
Haven't I?
Admit it...

But you say,
"Nothing's changed."
Another lie, really?
Really?

Days change in moments
Faces change in thoughts
But this is timeless
And you are faceless
(And I feel thoughtless)
But I've been thinking

My dreams shape you
And you shape my dreams
Till waking is a lie
And so am I
From further off
We fight for such a folly
And speak not
(Good)bye...

PART 2- Black

This dark possession
A blurred, shadowed perspective

Perfect, plated armor
Scaled like a snake
Who slips in and out
Beneath cool rocks
Away from the piercing, noonday sun
Then warms herself
When her back has grown too cold
Flicking tongue scenting the wind

Tiny, winding pathways
Through the golden, crisping sand
Each grain resounding
A tiny world

Ageless memory
The echos of thoughts
Each a sliver of a still-beating heart
Held within your skeleton cage

The carnage corpse
The vulture's carrion

Yet still the heart beats

Felt beneath bare, blistered toes
Of nomadic themes
Incarnate in winding fabric
Face hidden by the folds
Of neutral colors, camouflaged and coarse

Diverting for an instant of thirst
By an oasis once familiar
To your soft steps

And still your sun-bleached hand falls limp
And fingers wander in familiarity with the inch-high waves
Even now, so as he cups his calloused hands
To drink, not sensing the poison

A swift respite
To become himself a skeleton cage
For his still beating heart

Part 3- And...

we close
our eyes
opportunities
are lies
benefit
the bigshots
on top
but don't stop
the fallout
it's not...
...possible
...potential
...practical
...pliable
...passable
...palatable
...presentable

But it is...
...perishable...
Ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic