Saturday, October 16, 2010

Autumn

Looks like you’re moving on
Got good and goin’ gone
And though it’s been so long
Thought we were goin’ strong
And though it’s been a while
Just one smile and the right turns wrong
The wrong melody to the same old song

And it looks like you’re passing through
What ever happened to you
To lead you back to this place you didn’t want to
What will you ever do
To lead along with lines
Like everything is fine, but we both know the truth
A few new clues but the same old proof

Maybe it’s time

We took a hint from the leaves that fall
And find our own reason
To turn, to turn
A cold shoulder to the fire that
Could burn, could burn
Our lives away

But i’ll still be around for a season
Although... even the seasons change

Looks like you’ve figured out
That we’re both filled with doubts
And contradictions now
About just when or if or how
This could ever be right
And it just might have if everything hadn’t fallen down
Into the places it has with a much more certain sound
Don’t doubt that it still hurts to see you around

Maybe i’m blind
But you’ve led me into the darkest pathways
Holding my hand the whole time
In spite, in spite
Of everything you said you knew
Was right, was right
You would still say
That it was so nice to have this for a season
And you’d forsake all else for more than a season
That it’s not wrong yet, ‘cause it’s only a season
But you know... even the seasons change

And fire burns much brighter
But my heart is growing lighter
This wasn't meant to spite her
I wish I could still save her
I'm not a boy anymore, I am a man, now maybe
But still I am no kind of savior

So as the leaves fall
Let your burdens to
Who knows if this is the last song
I'll write for you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic