Friday, October 22, 2010

...shove...

Could I be the one to cut the ropes
Of the sandbags so that your balloon can float
Higher without the burden of weight
The pain that you carry, a lift to create

Could I be the ear that hears your thought
The secret thought they thought was not
When all you've got has turned to rust
In the rain of days spent without trust

Could I be the dry ground that catches each tear
And builds until the water clear
Has formed a lake and rivers and streams
Down which to float impassioned dreams

Could I be the boat to sails you to shore
From shore to shore and just one more
Till one day you find where you belong
And leave me on the beach and just go on

Could I be the one way street, the intersection
Could I be the bittersweet of intervention
Could you see the me I try to portray
Instead of this me you say you cannot hate

Could I be the one who's in control
Instead of the one who's lost his hold
Instead of the one who wants it to be just you
When you ask instead that I try now to trust you

Could I be? I don't know...
Will you let me or just let me go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic