Monday, October 11, 2010

Belligerant

Their words have teeth
Every bit as sharp as I remember
When we sat there in an aging room
And he told me about loathing

Every one of my closest friends
Handing me a card that says
Written in the plainest script,
"I utterly despise you."

These sort of things add up, y'know
And I recognize the equation
You've been playing around with a mathematics
Like the six o' clock news, unbalanced but fair

So I hide in a simple sort of state
And regret my every move
I don't want to be here anymore
But you keep on pulling me back

Where their teeth have words
With me and my walking shoes
Sidewalks to seraphim
Miles in another misery

But irony is patriotic
For the kids dressed in drag
You hold a banner of knives run through my heart
And I wave a white flag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic