Monday, October 25, 2010

Pretend

Let's pretend I didn't say a word
Over and over again you try to avoid this attraction
Let's pretend like we're not pretending
Over and over again you try to delay this distraction

Cycle in and out of the resonating sound
The chimes of insufficiency are still what lies around
And sing every note as you wait by the cold air
Big doors won't close as the windows are bolted
Tell me I'm the only one you've been waiting for
And I'll tell you that's a lie and you know it

Break down these walls if you want to
But I won't force you, I won't try to make you do
All of those things you know you ought to
But you can't hide the truth, you're much smarter than they pretend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic