Friday, October 1, 2010

The Coast

Wondering at the way things fall
You walk alone in the rain just to stare at the sea
A numbing, twisting sort of empty calls
From the darkening waves to you and your lost grip on reality

And as the salt meets the shore
Again and again, you're just piecing together the shell fragments
A home where you used to hide
I wish I was the ocean breeze so I could wrap you up so tight tonight

What spiraling stars above show themselves now through the clouds
To light the unsure path you walk out to the edge of the pier
Crashing sounds and closing eyes, a mist and a subtle shroud
Reminiscent of the night you took my hand without a single thought of fear

And as the salt met the shore
Again and again, my words faltering to ease your troubled heart
A house with doors and windows broken wide
I wished I was the ocean breeze so I could wrap you up so tight that night

But what falls sometimes the tides forget
Or crash upon the rocks that wait so mercilessly
And I was yours as in a dream of a moment
A tracing line of footprints washed clean from the sand
And now what's lost is hardly found in sequence
These secrets of the sea and an emptier feeling in my left hand

And as the salt meets the shore
Again and again, I'll keep promises I've made to one I've injured
An abandoned building slowly burning up from the inside
Still wish, though, I was the ocean breeze so I could wrap you up so tight tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic