Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Literacy

Don't tell me
Haunting words that go unspoken
Don't sell me
Placebo curse for hearts so broken

These secret glances take my breath till I feel blind
So I'll steel my mind to think of a way to redefine
The lines I've drawn between your hands and mine
Till we're entangled in a net that chokes us both
From sea to land on this fiery fishing boat

The roots run deep
Metallic threads in spirals down into the sea
Down in the dark where the dead things rise
But hope is a harvest, right?

I wish I could save you
Honestly, it's kind of all I think about
And then I feel like a penny
Unlucky side up
On the floor behind a desk
You won't find me
And even if you did
I'm not worth much anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic