Thursday, October 7, 2010

Her Hands Talk When Her Lungs are Busy Breathing

The hollow strand
Each passing thought
Of what could be
Yet now is not

And of what was
You want to talk
What happened when
We took a walk

And lost our way
Somewhere beside
In unknown paths
With wandered stride

The ripping wind
Cold as your touch
Here to begin
And end too much

Of useless hopes
Folly wishes fair
Who sits with me
When you're not there

And you're not there
So don't presume
You can be both
There is no room

What do you want
You were his first
So tell me now
Which one is worse

To run away
And live alone
Or stay in place
Or be your own

Would you love me
If I asked you to
Or would that be
The worst ever possible thing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic