Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Undertow

As I beat this broken branch against the ocean
Looking for an escape that might finally last the night
Lost lines on driftwood notions fade to softly singing sounds of seascapes past
In time to set out solely for a shore that would not drown me with the tide
Still beside me all the way, the ever widening coastline
Of thee do I now declare the pillaging of my mind
Not but in time with the songs of sorrowful sailors and their dead

Keep with me as I step the wrecks of timeless ghosts and visions
Imparting no great wisdom but the song of one man, marked
Left to wander aimless among the haunted ships of demon lore
Littered with the corpses of old kings and pauper's hearts
Endeavor with me now to not just count the dead, but mourn them
Dreaming now, as they do, of the future where they have yet to die

Memorize my loving tone, o'er high flown masts and waves of gold
Endure it will, though I am lost, and all my treasure sold


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic