Monday, September 5, 2011

If My Hands

If my hands
Now mean nothing to you
But passing dust
And a scent upon the breeze
Know that
Though they were once too harsh
Though they were once untrusting
Though they were once so failing
Still they reach out
To catch your fall

But I know
I cannot catch your fall
For I too am falling
I've known my fate all along
And all I've done
Is drag you down with me
But as we fall
Still they reach out
To hold yours in the descent

And I know
I caused the descent
Created the chasm
Which now stands as a fault line,
A schism of the earth
And our Pangea begins to fit the times
Shifting along artificial boundaries
Villages rising to war as nations
Then empires
Never my desire or intent
But the reality
Still they reach out
To do the impossible

But they are just hands
And shaking as always
Their blood red guilt speaks
And it alone has any precedent
But for hope


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic