Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Curiouser and Curiouser

I would drift
Stumble from this edge to that
I would twist
Between the pages of the unrequited
I would break
From deep breaths to short choking sounds
I would STOP
And what would remain

For if I disconnect and neglect the sects that intersect
The cords of tight'ning steel that bind my wrists and ankles
To interrupt the flow of blood to my waving hands
to my running feet
to my discontentment
To mute my mouth and muffle my malcontented mind
And find these binds themselves to be of blind bereavement
Search and lie of the joy they find in achievement

To die, to tie that final knot
To live, to loosen every noose
To hope, to stretch out to the edge
To love, to not come back again

If I drift
Would you let me stumble back again
If I twist
Would you turn the page and read me home
I would break
Would you sweep these pieces up within your encircling arms
I would STOP
Blissful to remain as yet so shattered, as if nothing else mattered
as if all that was and is and could be was the most absurd of insane things
six impossible things
(all before breakfast)
and every one of them looking just like you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic