Friday, September 2, 2011

Baggages and Parcel Paper

I've brought more than enough in jars and bags
Boxes and barrels and tubs and basins
Containers of every size and shape
With a true hoarder's motivations

I've brought more than enough because you asked me to
And more than enough that you never
I brought it all to the place where it all lined up
Till a very thin line was severed

I've brought more than enough that was never mine
But in the end it was all left to me
And inside of each one cries an insufficient voice,
"If it's your fault, then please set us free!"

I've brought more than enough out of spite for myself
And certainly more than I planned
I thought, I think, that you brought some too
But not now with how supply exceeds demand

I've brought more than enough and am drowning in it
As you walk farther and farther from shore
I am suffocating underneath all I've been bringing
And yet still I find myself bringing more


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic