Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In the Shadow of a Thought

You were my branch and I was your leaf
I held tight to you and you to me
But as I decompose, I suppose the seasons changed
Somewhere along the line
How did I miss it, when I was fallin' away
I can't forget it, the way that we used to sway
Together in the breeze, but now it seems the seasons changed
Somewhere along the line

Even in the silence, your eyes shine to me
Like diamonds, they cut right through me
Your wings lift you high so you can fly away
Feather light, shakin' off the weight of rain

You were the sun and I was condensation
You lifted me high, but life is precipitation
Fell to my own low expectations
Somewhere along the line

Even if I'm fearless, you terrify me
The closest near miss is still such a mystery
When the messenger's horse can't leave the stall
One nail, an entire empire's fall
[Black out to the point I can see stars on the horizon
The sail of my small ship would only be a shadow
Outlined in gold
Light up to the point I can see truth on the horizon
I'd just tie the sheet to my soul and sail on the breaks
Outlined in dreams]





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic