Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gallifrey

So yes, I guess
Even in my current distress
The mess I've stole
The blood I've spilled
The dreams I've killed
It's all become too much to hold
The corpse of what I'd hoped still cold
Unfilled holes I dug to find gold
With which I could buy you a door
Through which you could find something more
Than the whole I could give
Which was never enough
Aiming to live and let you live
No matter the strength of love
But you know me
I've told you the tales of tries and fails
Doing the right thing doesn't work ever work out
When all I am is doubts, left out, and without

So what do I want from you? For you?

I can't tell you to not be with him
Though I know he'll hurt you
Couldn't possibly be worse than me, right?

I can't tell you to make time for me
You gave me more than I deserved
Or ever asked for...

I can't tell you anything
But that I love you
And I'll always be a friend

That terrible, confused
Idiot friend
Who saw the real you when no one else did
Who listened when no one else would
Who wanted better for you
But once again, I'm not good enough for myself
How could I ever be good enough for you

In the efforts we make to pursue our goals
In the efforts we make to pursue others' attentions
In the efforts we make to pursue ourselves
There are divergent paths
I hope you take the one that lets you be you
You're worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic