Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Better Way Out

Face your fears, turn the lights out
I wanna know if you can live without
The constant reminder that
There’s so much you would take back
Make your choices and choose them well
You’ve been looking for heaven while stumbling through hell
Why don’t you try the not-so-beaten track
You’ll be on your way back

You’ve been livin’ like you’re hangin’ off the edge of a cliff
Wonderin’ if you’d be missed if you let go of it
When you can’t see how much you have to give
Lookin’ for a reason to live
You’ve been hurtin’ from the words that cut you just like knife
And I would bet that your regrets still keep up at night
I know your heads still filled with doubts
But there’s a better way out than this

As you wonder what they’re thinking when everybody stares
Yeah, there’s a light that illumines and a light that glares
And recently, with all the things they’ve been saying, you can’t see your way and
The words that she has written have you torn up inside
So you run the same direction that almost killed you last time
But it doesn’t have to be that way, no, these chains can break
We’ll watch them break

You walk down by the water
You walk down by the water, but you’re not alone
I’ll walk with you, I’ll walk with you, we’re goin’ home
Yeah, you can call me up whenever
We can make it through together, you’re not alone
I’ll walk with you, I’ll walk with you, we’re goin’ home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic