Friday, June 10, 2011

Wanna Know Why?

Don't you get it
You're the one who made this nightmare
Wave your wand, really a whip
Guilt your game, so play like you care
Dare to jam down "love", such blasphemy
Into throats of those who would otherwise speak honestly

"You hurt my feelings."
Okay, I'll hold your hand
"I don't like them"
Okay, I'll stop being their friend
"I feel sad today"
Okay, I'll give it up to you
Whatever you want Princess
After all, I am your slave

All you wanted was a puppet
A play actor who doted and devoted
All the time and energy
Into this well-staged tragedy
Now pretend your the victim
Simply because it didn't all end happily
I hope you never find another
For the poor lad's sake

So I'm done now
You can weave your yarn
Get them all to hate me
No more fun now
Play your games and play alone
Just don't debate these
Details that prevail in the consensus that I'm the liar
I built your house of straw
You're the one who wanted it higher
I built your house of sticks
You're the one who built the fire
I built your house of bricks
You're the one who brought the hammer
Don't call me the big bad wolf
Just because my breath is stammered

An explanation I can't give
I try, you just won't take it
This game of hearts, you've stolen mine
You don't need it, you'll just break it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic