Thursday, June 2, 2011

April Showers (Remembered)

There is no solid ground
To stand on
Don't demand a second glance
I've turned around
Again and again
Too many times

There is no starting line
This marathon
A cross-country race
Of near infinite proportions
Only reminding me
Of my mortality

Did you seek out
My shaking hands there in the dark
The pouring rain a sign of hope
But I promise you
From the very bottom of my broken heart
That someday, somehow I will learn to cope

Behind each well-worn mask
There lies a blissful trademark
The one who was there first to pour the glass
Only halfway to judge my mood

And behind each tired eyelid
Sleepless from second guessing
There's a record of the winding paths
That I slid down alone

It seemed so simple
Were you as terrified as I
Caught beneath the moment
Waiting on the weight of past and present
All to eclipse our every word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic