Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Fall of the Fortress of Plentitude

Words can't console what the heart hides behind
Inside of each of us the little lies that combine
And collide with our consciences sitting in conference with
Every little fallacy we want to make reality

But I'm not living for your entertainment
Anymore, these masks were arranged in such a way
I'm sure you hoped that I would never get away
But I'm not dying for the trends you call contagious
Here's my hope you call outrageous, dismiss it all
And then watch your walls fall

Words can't define what is lacking in persons
Our purses are cursed, sports car hearses we put worth in
Dividing our depressed decisions we regress
Making our mortality the only neutrality

But I'm not breathing for false confrontation
Anymore these eyes were locked on serving sensations in such a way
I'm sure you hoped that I would never get away
But I'm not settling for your loose contentment
Not bitter or resented, just sent with a message for all
It's time to watch your walls fall

The simplest smiles
Go endless miles

And I won't fight you anymore
I won't fight you
I won't fight you anymore
But I refuse to be your slave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic