Monday, June 13, 2011

Melodious

You are the song in my head that makes me cry
Lights up the earth with cracks in my rock face
Stand and replace the night with a life-line
Focus the wires and drip the last drop just in case
We can't escape this place
We are its prisoners
You and I
We are its animals in cages
Corrupt and disabled
We are the flag that is flown at half-mast
We read the book backwards from the last
Page to the first paragraph
We have no sense of perspective or time
Depth perception blind, we stay in line
Redefine corrupt files coded with rhymes
Coated in slime, the crime of our minds
Education for the weak
Take the blocks, build to a peak
We never speak gut-wrenchingly
Honesty anymore? Only fallacy
Fiction for the families of industry
Capital gain a recession of imagination
Running out of my depression medication
Anxiety pills to thrill those that killed our nation
A dream in experimentation
Built on the back of slaves painting statues labeled liberation
But the tall lady hides knives under her skirt
And her husband is a giant who crushes cradles in the dirt
And holds the hammer, for it's all he knows how
Both are blinded, both are bleeding, both are bringing me down
And so I stop
You are the song that I sing every single thing to explain
Yet there is only destruction in the description of the same
Patterns and order and logic and fact
Under attack and then reinvent a super pac
Fund the british, fund the french, fund the nazis, fund the soviets, fund the terrorist regimes
We didn't mean to do it!
You are the song that still sings in my head
Over and over the rockslide of betrayal in threads
Of unwoven fabric that kept up the charade
Revenge is our law so let's have a parade
...you are the song that stops singing when they want it too
they taught me to sit quietly and never listen to you
you are the song i will whistle as i walk away
you're the song on my lips at the guillotine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic