Sunday, June 19, 2011

'Fraidy Cat

From the womb to the tomb
From the grave to the cradle
Somewhere between
We find out we're unable
To hold on, hold on, hold on to anything
From the tomb to the womb
From the cradle to the grave
Somewhere between
We find out we can't save
Any moment of time or go back and rewind it

I wish you could see yourself
As beautiful as you are
Really wish you could find out there's
More to life than breaking your own heart

Still looking for a prince to treat you like
Royalty
I hope you find someone who actually treats you like
A human being

I wish you could see me now
And be proud of me
Maybe we could have worked things out
Eventually

Try opening your eyes to something new
Outside
The boxes that have defined you
For such a long time

And we all need to grow up sometime
I suppose
Just how to do that
Nobody seems to know

Wisdom is for the fools who know that they're not wise
When it comes to death everyone is looking
I don't want to be left looking for life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic