Monday, June 6, 2011

In The Grave You Dug For Me

I used to know you so well
But things have changed inside my head
I used to try to speak my mind
But now it's speaking me instead

The falling lights
The soft cascade
Long lost mornings
Drift away
We were friends
But now we're not
I wish you'd take
All that you've got
And go

I used to love you so dear
Gave every little piece of me to you
I used to want you to be happy
But then I saw what you wanted from me too

The drifting sounds
The sharp mirage
The pavement cracked
By the garage
I loved you
But now instead
You took it all
And left me dead
Just go

I used to care what you thought
Fought my way up to the sidelines
Thought I knew how to give you the best
The game you played out of sync with the right time

The crashing waves
The moon that night
What new regrets
Did I not treat you right
Did you forget
Should I still care
Who else did for you
What only I dared

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic