Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Worse than a Nightmare

Blips of condensation reignite their frigid rhythm
Interlacing with the questions mingled on the outer edge
Traces of resentment for intentions once thought noble
And self-loathing to the point where I have dreamed outside my head

I mean, ever have the perfect dream
The one where you get everything
Every single thing your dead heart ever wanted
Then wake up like a sapling
Whose great redwood thoughts once hap'ning
Have hit concrete and realized it's all so stunted

Trips to distant nations on the tassels of a promise
Start by bracing your investments for a new cold-blooded way
While I will chase beyond the sunrise for a simple word from your eyes
And you're better off I guess for being the one that's meant to stay

I'll trip on the stairs that circle round and round
You were an exit sign for a better man that I could never be
Though I wish I was what you wanted
Instead of trying to give you that and ending up like me

Blips of condensation find their way across the window
Stripping down the paint on walls of grey surrounding my design
But frames are for museums not people
And phones are for you saying "no, not really"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic