Saturday, October 1, 2011

Errant Ambition

If I could burn the world

And write it all anew

It would be so much worse

'Cause it wouldn't have you


'Cause I can't write you right

Like I can't right these wrongs

No song I sing tonight

Can make you sing along


But the voices in my head

Challenged me to duel

A battle with my wits

And maybe the golden rule


'Cause I can't do for you

What I want for me

If what I say is true

It's still not what I mean


I can look from the ocean

And see your work in the sand

I can follow your footsteps

And still not know where you stand


‘Cause I can’t undertake

To dig this shallow grave

To walk along the wake

But never catch the wave


And you’re so far away

I would reach out if I could

If I could burn the world

I would, I would

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic