Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Actress and My Box

I sit inside my box
Sitting silent i stay
Silently sitting inside my busy box of gray

My softly solemn solace
Disturbed by a play
As I sit silent from my box to see the masquerade

The actress acts the parts
In three acts those parts she plays
Each part she plays an act displayed I see from box of gray

The audience is I
And before my eyes displayed
This perfect play, this masquerade, as I solemnly stay

Yes I sit inside my box
And am carefully away
Removed from play and fair display and yet I see her face

The actress and her colors
To paint the pliant play
And then display, by masquerade, a contrast to my gray

Why inside this box
Reasons I cannot say
The logic nixed, I am transfixed, and long no more to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic