Monday, October 10, 2011

Used To (Part One)

I used to think that if I was right and you weren't, then you were wrong. I used to think that there was a list of ought to's and should've's to check off before I died. I used to think that there was a committee of grownups who I had to please, whose tests I had to pass. I used to think if I pushed hard enough for long enough, whatever was in my way would be obligated to move where I wanted it to go. I used to think opportunity was synonymous with possibility.

I used to think everyone was inherently good deep down inside. I used to think everyone was inherently bad deep down inside. I used to think there were good people and bad people. I used to think I was a bad person. I used to think I was a good person. I used to think forgiveness meant we could be friends again.

I used to think if I followed the rules, the reward would eventually start to matter. I used to think there was something wrong with me because I wasn't just like them. I used to think there was something wrong with me because I wasn't just like you.

I used to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic