Monday, October 31, 2011

Shiny New Toy

And he'll say what he needs to
And he'll do what you like
And as long as it's easier
It's okay if it's not quite right

And he'll smile at the good times
And he'll be there for the bad
And as long as it feels normal
It's okay if you're still so sad

And he'll hold your hand at night
And he'll take you out to eat
And as long as you feel pretty and needed
It's okay if he lets you bleed

And he won't see the mask you wear
And he'll fade in the dimming light
And as long as you know somebody's there
It's still better than the last time

And I'll forget he was my good friend
And I'll be quiet when you pass
And as long as you're together
I guess I'm sorry that I asked

And if he treats you like he did them
As if I have a right to say
But as long as you are happy
Then I guess it's all okay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic