Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Sound of Two Glass Bottles Colliding

I wake up choking in the night
I am alone again
I hold these memories inside
Till I am home again
There you go just walking by
I am alone again
But if you turn, you'll catch my eye
I will be home again

If letting go
Means you'll be free
Then you should know
You are free from me
But as I shed
This crimson hue
Tonight I'll break
These veins for you

See the silence stretching thin
(their eyes to stab out all that feels)
They say it is a wall that heals
(watch your mask get so worn in)
Or listen to the cursing mouth
(a crimson kiss of distant bliss, the midst of this the mourning sound)
And the blood-drenched horrors it reveals
(this bitter blade won't let me out now)

I contain your photograph with eyes that laugh back at my bad math
Adding up the consequence for every straying thought
A frame to fill with hopes I've dashed to cash in on wrath
All the while knowing he will hurt you in the end
You have such twisted friends
I was the worst of them
I was the worst
I was

There you go just walking by
I am alone again
Never meant to say goodbye
You were my only friend




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic