Monday, May 2, 2011

Looking Glass

There is a shape
With something like eyes
But I don't see what they do
(and they're probably blind anyway)
With something like I mouth
But I don't listen to what it says
With something a nose
But I just pretend if it's turned up or not
With something like ears
But I assume that they're shut
With something like teeth
My guess is they are sharp
With something like hair
That I'll never approve of
Containing something that could be a brain
Though honestly I doubt it
Doesn't look like my shape, this shape
So how could it be a head
If it dares to raise itself
I'll shove it down again
Cover that ugliness anyway I can
I've got an army of the like-minded
Doesn't matter if I'm a friend
Or a friend of a friend
It's easier
It's popular
Nothin' about opinions
But taking the time to understand?
You're not worth it
Not to me...not like I care...
Why should I admit I'm scared
Why should I admit how unsure I am
Why should I admit the contradiction I see
Simply because you disagree with me
I won't be convinced
But I can kill you with arguing
And you know it
Drop by drop
Drip by drip
Snip by snip
Tear by tear
Tear by tear
Choke on air
Bleed your fear
Listen
I'm the one with the rules today
I'm the one with the fist in the anus of the culture
It's my puppet
I control the zombie hordes
This is my respect for them
I'll let you in on the secret
Because you know how weak I can be
And you can't do a thing about it
Let's just keep pretending I know you


...Besties?


Thought so.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic