Sunday, May 29, 2011

If this Voice is Heard

If this voice is heard
On what walls would its echos resound
And would they sound more
Like an old world market trader
In the wares of hope
Or a back alley black market dealer
Of hard truths and bitter pills
When all that I can promise
Is my most brokenhearted honesty
And all that I can aim for
Is that rarest of moments
That most daring of chances
When greatness comes to visit
The weak and undeserving
Forgiving my viridescent vanity
And perhaps shaming me
Into a happy accident
That's more than a catchy tune
(though that would be nice)
Or a perfect rhyme
(though I wouldn't mind)
But if this voice is heard
I can only with stumbling whispers pray
For something of some worth to say

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic