Sunday, May 1, 2011

Don't Leave

Lonely is a callous word
With which I've become intimate
These shadows are my only friends
Though I know that they are counterfeit

Clinging to this metal shell
That single sock you didn't mind
I hum a dirge then trip on air
That chokes out what I've left behind

These missing spaces in my mouth
Bring medicine and mellow talks
Truer pain in the elusive ache
Where misery casts careful clocks

So run, my dream, run back to thought
Confuse what's left of my waking eyes
Then when I see an image of my love
Every part but my head will realize

Miles are the murderers here
And the distance ever grows
But justice comes to those who hope
And love, in patience, shows

So digitized and deconstructed
Communication learns itself
I keep every thought of you on my pillow
And put my own fears up on the shelf

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic