Saturday, May 28, 2011

Considering Narrative

Considering narrative
The stories with which we fill our lives
Our minds and hearts intertwined
The moments each in sequence
Building
One upon the other
Filling up the space
Like answers to the questions
We exhale
And inhale the action
The color and description
And the symbols
The layers and the way where
Each mirror to our lives
Mirrors back upon itself in our eyes
And before we know it
We're shown the path
The Hero's Journey
The vILLAIN'S dECENT
The relationships forged and broken
I know it all too well
And still am entranced by it

Yet now, in my own way
I stand a part of a story
Mine only a chapter
With each line expanding
And sometimes
All the emotion boxes itself up
And stone-faced
My eyes glazed and calm
I try and fail to empathize
With the characters
But I can see the pages turning
And I know a book has two covers

What is destiny?
It's not that I can tell the future
Just a bit of probability
And sometimes
Hindsight is blind
While foresight is predictable
But now as I read slowly
Perusing the delicacies of language
And syntax
I lost the fact
That my actions matter
'Cause it all seems a bit inevitable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic