Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bridge of Bodies

Our bridge of bodies falls to ashes
But again we build and try to cross
The journey ends the same as it began
Call it progress and forget the lives lost

Don't we all just want to live softly
Try to sleep easy in the comforts of our toil
Pave our streets on the graves of the fallen
Drive on the bones of those who died for oil

You say you're ready to die for me, sir
But did I vote for that, when did I vote for that
You say it's all for my freedom, my liberty
Since when did I vote for that, when did I vote for that

Murder in the name of a cause you claim
Is it my nation's aim to be the bully with the big guns
Would we walk in shame if we saw the plan out plain
Realizing that our fame is starting wars that are never won

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic