Monday, May 16, 2011

Letter to the You that's Really Me

Don't know what to say
Don't know who to be
To help you understand
To make you believe

That I would if I could
But I can't so I won't
And that's all that I have to say on that
Yeah, I would if I could
But I can't so I won't
No I won't, no I won't, not anymore

It seems like we've found a way around
All these climbing walls
That seem to find a way to bring us down
It seems like we've found a way to fall
Even after all
The time we spent trying to stall the inevitable

Don't know what to think
Don't know how to feel
To get over what
I'm not yet convinced is real

Though I would if I could
But I can't so I won't
And don't worry, I don't expect you to just let it go and understand
Though yknow if I could
I'd be all up on that
But let's be real, I have no clue how I should act

It seems like we've found a way around
All these rules and regulations
That were obviously only made to bring us down
It seems like we've found a way to break
Every promise we've made
Without any clear intentions to change

And what do you expect from me now
I'll watch as your castle walls crumble
Is there more that you had wanted
The list goes on and on

But I'm not who you thought I was all along

It seems like we can't find a way around
All these empty thoughts
That only ever serve to bring us down
It seems like we may never find a way out
You are my shadow of doubt
And I am standing in the sunlight now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic