Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rm.354

What is this dream I dream
Of fire and water
Dancing in the starlit
Pathways of the night
A racing clock, a hurried glance
That longing look
And fleeting moments
Where this weakened form does rise
Enough to catch a glimpse of joy
Entertain the kindness of a dear friend
And stranger
While my own blood counts my days alone

What is this dream I dream
Of prison cells line in neutral hues
Dulcet tones to while the hours
Which fade disharmoniously
Catching strained reflections
Of streetlights I may have
Imagined into being
Perchance they imagined me
And drifted off

What is this dream I dream
Of castle walls to climb
A Princess like a prism
Would separate and unite all spectrums
And begin to show a humanity
To her crystalline form
At the scattered shades
Of a Jester’s muted jokes
Among a court of colorless judges
And portraits
Of now shrouded princes

What is this dream I dream
As I drift off to night
Serenaded by machinations of medicine
In the place of my two-time birth
While shadows crawl on campus corners
And wars without winners mock the midnight whine
Of moans from other rooms
Small animals trapped in unfair bodies
And my own delusions of distance and fear

What is this dream I dream
Do you share it in your own head
Far off in your own bed
As I lie alone
Waiting for the white count
Waiting for the waking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic