Sunday, December 19, 2010

Imperfect Inerrancy

cost of admission is empty hands
reads a posted sign of broken glass
stitched together more like old fabric
than a reflective surface
yet standing here in its face I can see myself
for who I've really been
and who i honestly am
is always waiting just ahead of me

breathless as the dawn
chasing after the shadow of a lesser you
you caught me by surprise
full in a beauty radiant
storm-cast on these barren shores
with the wind in your sails
your anchor still held your broken vessel
steadfastly to my eyes
bleed as they may
out a virus too catching
your smile just enough to prove

there's more ahead it seems
your red kite streaming high
shorter shadows twist at length in the grass
golden glimpses and speechless breaths
with you the absent melody
this song is at most a dirge
you're more than a hopeless harmony to me

at least this time
i hope you hear me
when i say
what it is
i came here to say

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic