Sunday, December 19, 2010

Porcelainium

These are the faces we wear
We've worn
Pain and the places we bear
Too torn
What's lost is lost
And I've cost you
Too much
To touch
This lightly
Till I become
So unsightly
For the crowd you held
And I have a hard time
Seeing anything
But this impossible
Dream come true
In a way
That I can't even
Comprehend
But I won't complain
I'll just take the pain
With the patience
And the pleasant way
You seem to stay
And always say
You will, you will
Do you know
How much it kills me?
Soon you'll see the corpse too
Pray these scales into feathers
So this dragon a phoenix may be
Otherwise these steaming tears
Goodbyes may prove to be
And alight within the new fears
For you are a danger
An addiction
And i swallow the pain
Like medicine
My muse is the melody herself
And the story she writes is her own
My hands bleed with each stroke

My hands are writing me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic