Sunday, January 16, 2011

Collapsability

Starving to breathe
And still I can't see a thing
Too many see me as the bad guy
With wide open eyes
Can blame be only in the placing
Step back and trip up
Words are a crutch for a covering
The dark side of every smile
What hides behind perfection's stare?

Oh moon, does your sister love her own?
The star is a demon and her lover just a phantom of
Some haunting words you'll soon forget.
Adulterous star that scrapes the tiles
Claws that caressed the heads of babes
Grown into children of the skull
Running amidst the fallen fortress
Closer to home than we'll admit
And daylight can't come soon enough

Run faster through the fields, my love
Run faster toward your home, my sun
Sol to my soul, you sing words that are weeping
The clouds of your bedside where heartbeats keep beeping
And heartbreak is seeping and times we were keeping
All memories are forest floors and stages
On which we paraded a different love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic