Sunday, January 16, 2011

Calamity 2011

Don't tell me
This was meant to be
Some kind of sanctuary
Haunted by the children of the skull
Skin as pale as ashen snow
Eyes that bleed like shadow
Lips that whisper all the words you don't know
To a song sadly intolerable

Confide inside the violent
Shaking walls quick and silent
Reflecting a bit of light your eye lent
With increasing interest as the distance grows
Between where my heart learned
How to beat and how to yearn
And where I now ache and burn
Collapsing chest, my breaths grow weak and cold

Golden string, stronger than iron rope
Captivate a consciousness of my hope
As my world of dreams and waking run off and elope
Like all these bricks, just twitching fingers to crack
Interlocking intermissions lead to breathing
Intoxications of sunlit cement still seething
Your silence and your sighing, they say, don't mean anything
But the space between words is often much harder to take back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic