Sunday, November 14, 2010

That Cat Probably Followed Us for About the Past Five Blocks

Are those wrecking balls
I hear your walls are closin' in
From across the way
Did someone say
They found a way to get back in
Now all the ears are itchin' for
Needles just for stitchin' your
Rippin' seams the way that they see fit
No matter how you fight or try to hide,
Seems they won't quite quit

And now everyday's a war winnin' nothin' back
You're not chased by your past, 'cause it doesn't even need to try
What can I say, this beat up horse is off the old beaten track
And no one can see that you were meant to fly
Locked in cages for ages made of ears and teeth and tiny pretty pieces of the sky

With a word writ in dirt as your jaded eyes bleed
Look up with your mask, never dare ask, "why me"

Oceans away from these open arms
Though your sitting closer than either one of us can believe
Hope is a wave that has caused you so much harm
But right now it seems to have brought you here to me

And I wish I could save you
But I'm not good like everyone else
When I can barely face you
It's only because I'm ashamed of myself

And then you smile and look so intently on
And your hands are your voice, and your eyes are your song
And for an instant I think I have met you for the first time
And I know everything will turn out fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic