Monday, November 22, 2010

Home? What's that? Indeed.

There's a lightness to the land
I'm not at home on my own two feet
While waves and empty hands
Both shake within the weight beneath

My mind is a closed door
With so much open space inside for
A universe of thoughts waiting to collide inside
Your voice, in a familiar key
Melodiously beckons me
To the beat of this slowly widening tide

There's a heartbeat to these rocks
And all the proof I need is hidden there
At the edge where the continent stops
Where the wind winds wistfully her haloed hair

My mind is a collapsing maze
And I've been known to get lost in there for days
Looking for a way to find myself without losing who I am
My doubts resigning
With your eyes and mine aligning
Remind me that I don't have to go back to who I've been

You're teaching me how to be
A more connected kind of me
This distance is the sea
But the water is beckoning
You're reaching out, I see
Our arms like a bridge there in between
Hold tight to this fragility
And wait until the reckoning
(Oh dear, how you're wreckin' me)

My mind is a broken centrifuge
And a summertime attempt at luge
'Cause I'll spin round and round and stay right there in the dust too
When all my familiar lies
Choke me tight like courtroom neckties
You walk in so informal as if its normal to expect me to trust you

There's a lightness to the land
I'm not at home on my own two feet
As you reach out a welcoming hand
And speechlessness takes the place of warning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic