Monday, December 28, 2009

Fallback Plan

Keep your eyes shut tight ‘cause they won’t let you out
Once they know your name, there’s hardly use breathin’ anymore
Stealing hearts to keep inside little boxes in your room
The faces are reminders of what lies behind that closed door

Watch so sadly as the strings become all tangled up
In the place where our dreams are set aside for safety’s sake
Don’t they know the bandages have all fallen off
And that’s not how you fix anybody’s heartbreak?

Your look is paralytic
Your look is paralyzing me
You seem so sophisticated
The way you’re hypnotizing me

Keep your mouth sewn shut ‘cause they know everything
Once you were a hero, but now you’re just an addict and a letdown
Stealing prayers from the mouths of children to hide in books away
The faces blank as answer sheets to the only question that still matters now

Watch so sadly as the screen turns to static attacks
In the reign of a long dead king lies the secrets of your own escape
Don’t be scared of what waits beyond tomorrow’s exit sign
And all the tiny toy soldiers, laugh along as they all fall away

Your eyes are analytic
Your heartbeat’s cauterizing me
I’m entranced here in an instant
With the sound of its uprising beat

Hear the war drums of expectation
The only certainty is mutually assured
And as we gather, like ants, our wealth
To please ourselves with more and more
Can anybody hear the crying child
Can anyone stand up against the storm
I’ve been living with my back to the wall
But I don’t think I can take it anymore

Your song is catatonic
It’s rhythm is infecting me
My blood is racing supersonic
Till your voice is resurrecting me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic