Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Solipsistic Hypochondriac Must Feel Somewhat Hopeless, Huh?

I’m so sick of silence that I keep on screaming
Even after the sound is long gone with the dreaming
Deep inside the quiet just to reason out a riot of woeful whispers...

And are we just symptoms of your sickness
Just victims of this thoroughbred thickness
The space between your eyes and thoughts and lies and the lot you’ve bought yourself?

I don’t want to be another pawn in your game of dark and light
But I still try and try so hard tonight
You’ve got me, you’ve still got me here holding on...

And are we just liars who are trying too hard
Like burning tires in your bashful brain’s jaded junkyard
Living out your reckless dreams and happy nightmares?

I held your hand through the first steps of this falling out
But even now the ghosts have handguns, and I doubt
That you or I and certainly not myself will make it out of this alive...

And are we just hyper-vigilant reminders of
All the inadequacies we’ve been taught to so easily find in love
As a generation is drowning to just call the cops and hold your tongue?

I am all of them, but they were never me
So cast aside all your regrets but don’t forget who you want this to be
If we’re gonna make it, it’ll take a longer rope and fewer steps apart...

And are we your last hope for redemption
I’ll fight till my dying breath and baby you’re no exception
But are we gonna have to shut up and be honest about it for once?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic