Friday, September 23, 2016

Why Does Everyone Hate or Forget Me

Another day done, another night lost
Another week, another month, another year tossed
Into the pot of my experiences and left to simmer
Not swimming just treading water 
Like a hamster with a salt-lick 

I wish you were awake when I got home
Been scratching on my arms ‘cause the walls are too cold
Been empty for a while but my belly’s getting bigger
I’ve got no energy for moving so I don’t get any thinner

I’ve got no more friends just texts not sent
And the world spins on without me 

The only thing I’m good at is getting older 
With as little effort as possible 
Yet it still feels like I’m running up a hill 
Every second I try to breathe

There is no compensation 
You don’t want truth just confirmation
There is no faith to save me
Just the mockery of a manger baby


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic