Thursday, September 22, 2016

Truly Inspirational

Be who you wanna be
Become a you who's somebody new entirely
Make an imaginary backstory for the life you'll lead
'Cause a fresh identity can come so easily
If you just be who you wanna be

My every conversation will
Be truly inspirational
Just invoke and I'll have spoke something sensational
Insatiable will they be
Over me, who's confrontational
But only as I need to be and so fairly
Honest—Why?
Because I won't need to lie
I'll be mysterious even if I've nothing to hide
Not so serious but never on the sillier side
And quite contrary, but never very
Solemn but not scary
Courageous 'cause nothing scares me
Buoyant never, overjoyed though and clever
All together, but never tied, ties never severed only by goodbyes
An all-weather sort of friend, but never just a sort of friend
The sort of friend who'll help you mend, ascend or descend to your level when
You need a shoulder or a tissue, you all will miss me, though if I miss you
Will be a quaint abstraction, though it ain't fashion, I'll be dashing
Flashy but not flashing cash, enacting smash hits without ever clashing
Bashing boredom, never bashful, implored by hoards to teach a master class
Smart but not a smart-ass, though I can be a smart-ass if the mood asks
I'll tackle tasks like a linebacker and hulk smash some graham crackers
Give whiplash to some swell marshmallows who fell in with your candy ass
I'm a prize like cracker jacks, eating apple jacks out of the box for a snack
And finishing it off with some more dope ass s'more slash fics
Take some pics, 'cause this fire's more camp than hot dogs on a stick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic