Tuesday, April 26, 2011

new conclusions

kiss your picture on my phone
try to tell myself again i'm not alone
tracing thoughts of impending doom
making room for all these new conclusions

everything spins and i fall down
everything breaks or has broken by now
teleport myself to you, i would if i could
but i should be sleeping, why can't i ever seem to

here i am, your bright eyes
your star dancing
you're telling me to stop
you're there watching me sing

here i am, and there you are
the hatred in your eyes
the softness in your touch
the lines between these lies

park benches and swing-sets
late night phone calls from behind grapevines
i'm fine reminiscing but you're missing the best part
you're more real than i am, but it's all a dream in my heart

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic