Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shatterer

I've met you here before
In that place where memory recalls
Closing the cabinets and shutting ever door
Turning all the locks and straightening up the halls
Walking into the living room
And sitting by the fire
Into which regrets are thrown to their doom
And I exhale every single desire

But I've met you here before
You always act as if I should expect you
Though I had no notion you'd implore
Me now to call out some villainous truth
Intoxicating eyes
That catch glimpses of nostalgic thought
Wounds with which to surprise
And supply a case of which I knew naught

Oh, yes I've met you here before
A victim I've made of you somehow in sleep
With your buckets of bitterness in store
And your wealth of wondrous woes to weep
My guilt, like a switch, you flick with such ease
Disclosing dark secrets of my midnight madness
Then I, scrambling like a trained beast to appease,
Run wild tricks to tame your tears and saturate your sadness

And now I meet you here again
A place I had long thought forsaken
You bring my God-damned past like a friend
Bringing bread to the hungry, though I've had my fill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic