Monday, February 14, 2011

Overwhelmed

I don't care what you wear
And I don't think your hair needs fixing
You look amazing without makeup
You look gorgeous tonight

I can't find the words to say
Fumbling in my pocket for something to hold
I'm overwhelmed, but you tilt your head just slightly and smile
And I forget what's going on

Am I your knight in shining armor
Am I your jester or your bard
Are you a princess that needs saving
Are you a lonely traveler like me

Is it easy for you to say it
'Cause sometimes I'm still scared to breathe
Still surprised when you whisper those three words
I never thought that you would say

I don't care what it takes
This distance will not last forever
Someday I'll hold you in my arms again
And I will never let you go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic