Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Humilit and Pride

Looks like ya called me out
My acts been foiled and my business brought way down
You say all my prayin’ for the city’s just playin’ for some pity
Somehow I still have my doubts

I never wanted your sympathy, sir
But perhaps some attention just to say
Could you please look the other way
Humility and pride, there’s no balance I can find like you

Looks like I’ve been found out
My masks all torn up and my rocket shot down
Just when I’d learned they’d built a bridge that couldn’t be burned
I heard that small crackling sound

I never wanted your argument, sir
But perhaps just a moment to say
Could you please let me out of your way
Humility and pride, there’s no balance I can find like you

So I’ll forget it, I’ll forget all about
Everything you told me to most recently
And even though I still can’t figure it out
You seem to say even then there’s so much more that’s wrong with me

I never wanted your heartbreak, sir
But perhaps just some kind words to say
It’s time I admitted I got way too carried away
Humility and pride, there’s no balance I can find like you

1 comment:

  1. (Yes, that's the way the title is supposed to be spelled, just in case you wondered.)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic