Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Don't Look Back

Between the building and the bleeding
We find ourselves retreating
Our souls softly seceding from this dichotomous view
And I am one, but so separately incarnate
For I am become one, but still not one with you

Between the balance and the backward steps
I cautiously and callously, yet somehow clamorously crept
Into a hiding place where I saw traces of the moonlight
Dimmed reflections of a damned imperfection
For I am now undone, around a corner, eye-to-eye

Between the breaking and the birthing pains
You take no note of what had till now remained
The specks in each my eyes you wipe away like a child’s tears
And I’m not sure of anything, still hacking off at bitter limbs
But you are surely everything that drives away my fears

The more I find myself by the tricks of this fatal trade
The more defined by empty mindsets, every gilded glint of what I’d gained
To lose much more in passing time and pass the time to watch it fade
I am a silhouette of something more, and only you now know my name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic